Curriculum Vitae: Ann E. Breen
1981 to present. Co-founder of the Waterfront Center, a non-profit research, educational and consulting corporation. Serves as co-director and president. Other activities include community consulting, lecturing and the design and organization of annual conferences and technical workshops. 1975-1983. Waterfront coordinator, U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Office of Coastal Zone Management.
Books (Co-authored with Richard Rigby):
- Intown Living: A Different American Dream. Westport, CT: Praeger Press, June 2004
- The New Waterfront: A Worldwide Urban Success Story. London: Thames & Hudson, 1996; New York: McGraw-Hill, 1996.
- WATERFRONTS: Cities Reclaim Their Edge. New York: McGraw-Hill. 1994. Second printing, 1997 by The Waterfront Press.
- Fishing Piers: What Cities Can Do. The Waterfront Press, Washington, D.C. 1986.
- Caution Working Waterfront: The Impact of Change on Marine Businesses. The Waterfront Press, Washington, D.C. 1985.
- Improving Your Waterfront: A Practical Guide. U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Washington, D.C. 1980. (Robert Kaye and Richard O'Connor other co-authors)
Selected Articles (co-authored with Richard Rigby):
- "Whose Waterfront Is It Anyway?" Planning. Vol 56. No. 2, February, 1990
- "Festival Markets Show Stealers of the Waterfront," Harbor Portraits, Journal of the New England Aquarium. 1988 and EPA Journal, Vol. 14, No. 4, May, 1988
- "Sons of Riverwalk. How a masterpiece of design has inspired communities across the nation," Planning. Vol. 54. No. 3, March 1988
- "Inner Harbor," chapter, The Baltimore Harbor. Baltimore Dept. of Planning. 1985
- "SOS for the Working Waterfront," Planning, Vol. 51. No. 6, June 1985
Selected Public Presentations
- Public Presentation of to the City Council of Paterson, N.J. , July, 2004
- Presentation at Televised Public Meeting. City of Miami. Miami, Florida, November, 2000
- Presentation on Worldwide Waterfront Development. CIDRE (Cities Divided by Rivers) Conference. London, England, November, 2000
- Presentations at Public Meetings. Canandaigua, New York, May and July, 2000
- Presentation. Meeting of the Buffalo Bayou Partnership, Houston, Texas, February, 2000
- Keynote Speech. Downtown Dallas' Conference on the Trinity River. Dallas, Texas, October 1999
- Public Meeting. Save the Harbor, Save the Bay and the Boston Redevelopment Authority, Boston, Mass
- Keynote speech. Annual Meeting of the International Downtown Association. Victoria, B.C., Canada, September, 1998
- Keynote speech. The Boston Harbor Associates Annual Meeting. Boston. June, 1998
- Speech. Waterfronts '97. Baltic Convention and the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront (Pty.) Ltd. Capetown, South Africa. November, 1997
- Keynote speech. Saint Paul Riverfront Charette. Saint Paul Riverfront Corporation. Saint Paul, Minnesota. October, 1997
- Speech. Public Forums on the Riverfront. City of Whitehorse. Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. May, 1997
- Luncheon Address. Tri-Cities Rivershore Enhancement Council. Tri-Cities, Washington. April, 1997
- Presentation on Waterfront Development. Canal Corridor Initiative Conference
- Department of Housing and Urban Development. Rochester, N.Y., December, 1996
- Waterfront Keynote. Municipal Governments of Greater Montreal Meeting. Montreal, Quebec, Canada, November, 1996
- Public Art on the Waterfront. Evening Lecture. Lambton Harbour Development Corporation, Ltd., Wellington, N.Z., September, 1996
- Speech. Public Waterfront Forum. City of Mentor, Mentor, Ohio, May, 1996
- Keynote Speech. Public Forum. Lambton Harbour Devel. Corp., Ltd., Wellington, N.Z. May, 1996
1976: George Washington University, Washington, D.C. Masters in Urban and Regional Planning
1961: Trinity College, Washington, D.C. B.A. (English literature)
Born May 6, 1940. Four children. Resides at 2101 Connecticut Ave. N.W. Apt. 33, Washington, D.C. and 103 Second Ave., West Cape May, N.J.